Monday, December 1, 2014

Observation #8 December 1st

Today's observation post connection is "What is the most important thing I think I have learned in my observations this semester".

There have been a couple of things I have really enjoyed observing this semester. I think my aha moment, is the foundation that will lead to lots of other things being able to happen. That idea is "being prepared." It sounds so simple and easy... but I think it is the starting point for success in my classroom.

I think you have to prepare to have good classroom management. You need to plan what your management style will be and have it ready to go. Not a spur of the moment or reaction to classroom issues.

You have to prepare for all the different learning styles in your students. In your lesson plans have a few ideas of different styles to present the information.

You have to prepare for the assessments and exceptional students in your room.

There are a lot of things I want to implement in my classroom, but in order to be able to do those things I have realized it all starts with being prepared. I realize there will be surprises, and unforeseen issues... but if the basics are covered, those will hopefully go as smoothly as possible.

In order to have fun with our classroom, I realize you have to be prepared well enough in all these areas, so you are not wasting time looking for things, thinking about what's next or giving "busy work" so you can figure out what's next.

There is a ton of little things and ideas that I have from my observations and I look forward to trying some of them out, but overall, preparation is where it will all start!

No comments:

Post a Comment